Networker

Re: [Networker] libgcc_s.so.1 from legato 7.2.1 on RHEL4

2006-08-29 01:40:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] libgcc_s.so.1 from legato 7.2.1 on RHEL4
From: Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:36:28 +0300
> Scott Russell wrote:

> But adding an application specific libgcc runtime to the system library
> path is pure evil. That's something that the application should handle
> via a startup script or other wrapper.
>
> As such, I've decided this is a Networker bug and will purse it that
> way. More input still welcome though.  :)

Well,

this is definitely NOT the way to do it. By putting that line
into /etc/ld.so.conf you will force ALL other applications
to use THEIR library, and that can/will break other applications
relying on the system library (and that is more or less all of them).
Yet another piece of software that thinks they are the only thing running
in the system. Sheesh.

The right way o do thisios of course setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
environment variable to /usr/lib/nar before starting the networker
parts.

Best
Dag