Networker

Re: [Networker] libgcc_s.so.1 from legato 7.2.1 on RHEL4

2006-08-28 17:07:47
Subject: Re: [Networker] libgcc_s.so.1 from legato 7.2.1 on RHEL4
From: Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:05:53 -0400
Maarten Boot wrote:
I will check on my macines tomorrow (timezone = europe)

but a server install is differeent as it adds storage nose functionality and more so its different than a client install the modifications could be in the extra packages

That's what I'm thinking. I did some more checking and found this for the files in /usr/lib/nsr:

[root@dotbak ~]# rpm -qf /usr/lib/nsr/* | sort | uniq
lgtoclnt-7.3.1-1
lgtonode-7.3.1-1

Then I found this postinstall script based on the above output. To answer my own question, lgtonode is adding the /usr/lib/nsr line to /etc/ld.so.conf. Assuming it's really needed, then I suppose I need to figure out why RHEL includes a GCC_4.2.0 tag in their libgcc_s.so.1 and other libs. I'm guessing it's related to the GCC 4.1 preview available in RHEL4 Update 4. Is it safe to copy the system libgcc_s.so.1 into the /usr/lib/nsr directory? Who knows. I fear the answer I'll get from EMC support on this...

[root@dotbak ~]# rpm -q --scripts lgtonode
postinstall scriptlet (using /bin/sh):
# $Id: nw_node_post.Linux,v 1.6 2005/02/18 23:46:58 dgajanov
# Exp $ Copyright (c) 2005, LEGATO Software, a division of EMC.
#
# Copyright (c) 2005 LEGATO Software, a division of EMC.
#

LDCONF=/etc/ld.so.conf

echo ${RPM_INSTALL_PREFIX}/lib/nsr >> $LDCONF

if [ -x /sbin/ldconfig ]; then
       /sbin/ldconfig
fi

--
Scott Russell <lnxgeek AT us.ibm DOT com>
IBM Linux Technology Center, System Admin

"signoff networker" in the