Networker

Re: [Networker] Slightly off-topic query

2006-07-12 08:10:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Slightly off-topic query
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 08:09:10 -0400
On Jul 12, 2006, at 8:00 AM, Vince Howard wrote:

Hi,

I would value your opinions on this. It's a management thing so please
don't ask me why I would want to do this.

Has anyone out there tried using SCSI Bridge with NetWorker to back up
data to a remote tape library? We are trying to find a way to keep our
NetWorker server at our main site, but locate the tape library 'off
site'.

Your question would be more useful if you asked it in terms of your network environment and your specific hardware. What your employer wants to do is possible, but you need the network infrastructure and hardware to facilitate it. Your best bet is to touch base with the company who sold your tape library to you to see what they recommend.

"signoff networker" in the