Networker

Re: [Networker] Slightly off-topic query

2006-07-20 05:14:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Slightly off-topic query
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:07:55 +1000
I've used Fibre/SCSI bridges quite a lot with NetWorker with good effect.
Your biggest thing to keep in mind is watching the age of the firmware on
the bridge in relation to FC switch upgrades, etc.

Particularly in use with Linux systems, every time I have had
"compatibility" issues with SCSI libraries (e.g., abnormal behaviour or
failed activities) when doing robotic commands (load tape, withdraw to cap,
etc) while simultaneously doing tape activities, I have achieved 100%
ongoing successful library operations merely by inserting a fibre-channel
bridge and making the connection that way.

Cheers,

Preston.