Networker

Re: [Networker] Balancing load between storage nodes

2006-05-08 15:19:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Balancing load between storage nodes
From: Jim Ruskowsky <jimr AT JEFFERIES DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 15:13:30 -0400
Thank you Prasad and everyone else who responded.

I have taken half of my clients and switched the order for Storage Node
Affinity.
(I am grateful for "nsradmin -i" for such a task)

Having two paths was set up because the paths are there, so why not have
some
degree of failover, but seeing how much trouble it is causing, I may end
up
just assigning the drives to one or the other.

My "load balancing" wasn't meant to sent data to a single drive down two
paths
like a disk operation, but to balance the drives as a whole between the
two
available paths in a dynamic way.  I may try to change the order I list
the drives
in the jukebox config before abandoning the whole idea.  i.e. half the
drives
would get listed with their path down fibre-channel-A first, the other
half would
get their path down fibre-channel-B listed first.  It is kind of a shame
to have a
data path available and not be able to take advantage of it in the case of

failure of the other path.

Prasad Chalikonda <prasadchalikonda AT yahoo DOT com> wrote on 05/08/2006
02:42:09 PM: