Networker

[Networker] Problem with Expiration and retention dates

2006-04-04 14:16:11
Subject: [Networker] Problem with Expiration and retention dates
From: Diane Rolland <drolland AT KDINET DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 13:13:31 -0500
I have two tape pools in my library.  One is Default and is used to backup
my clients nightly.  I have three different groups that are assigned to this
pool.  The clients in these groups are configured for a Monthly browse
policy and a Quarterly Retention policy.  I have a second tape pool for a
Monthly backup job.  There is one group assigned to this pool.  The clients
in this save set have a Yearly browse policy and a Decade retention policy.
Every client is in the Monthly group in addition to the nightly groups they
are in.

Up until recently, the expiration date for the Default pool volumes showed 3
months out.  The expiration date for the Monthly pool showed 10 years out.

I recently added two new clients to a third group that also uses the Default
tape pool.

I also recently added an existing client to the Monthly group.

Now, the tape expiration date for my Default tape pool is showing 10 years
out.  I have checked and double checked the browse and retention policy on
the clients, but I cannot see my error.

One of the two changes above seems to have caused this to happen.  Is there
some way I can find out what the problem is?  I need the Default tape pools
expiration dates to only be 3 months out.

Thanks in advance,
Diane