Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.2.1 Upgrade Query - Update

2005-10-29 18:45:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.2.1 Upgrade Query - Update
From: Randy Doering <rdoering AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 06:37:37 -0400
Did the Update to 7.2.1 this afternoon. No problems really.

2 points:

1) I deleted the CDSL /nsr that points to our actual/real nsr directory on a SAN (EVA) File system other than the cluster domain file system. Did the install, and ran the networker.cluster script which created a new /nsr CDSL which pointed to the cluster domain file system. I deleted that and repointed the CDSL to our SAN file system with our real/old nsr file systems.

2) When installing the Storage node subsets, the installation hung (for 10-15 minutes). I Ctrl-C it, and it left the subset in a "post-load completed" state (instead of install) when viewed with "setld -i | grep LGTO". Everything seemed to work ok, so I just edited the /usr/cluster/members{memb}/.smdb./LGTONODE721.sts to indicate _INSTALLED versus _POST_LOAD_COMPLETED. So, not sure why the storage node install didn't complete but all seems ok at this point.

Thanks for all the hints, etc.

Randy

Randy Doering wrote:
Itzik, Thanks for the advice about Chapter 4. I've now read it over
and during the Networker installation, it says to install the client
(run the networker.cluster script on each node); install the Storage
Node Software (run the networker.cluster script on each node);
install the Server Software (run the networker.cluster script on each
node).

After looking through that script, I think I'll defenitely point the
CDSL for /nsr to someplace other than the actual place for
Networker's files, when it says to run networker.cluster with the -r
arguement.

Thanks again,
Randy

The update should be just straight forward if your Networker server
is
not installed in a cluster (Highly Available Networker Server).
Have done this for a non clustered system - piece of cake.
If your Networker server was installed as a service in a cluster, you
better closely follow the instructions in Chapter 4.
Itzik