Networker

[Networker] Networker 7.2.1 Upgrade Query

2005-10-27 09:47:49
Subject: [Networker] Networker 7.2.1 Upgrade Query
From: Randy Doering <rdoering AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:46:58 -0400
Greetings, This weekend (thanks for it being the 5th weekend of the month
and no scheduled fulls) I'm going to upgrade our Alpha TruCluster Networker
from 7.1.1 to 7.2.1 and I have a couple of questions.

1) Hopefully after the upgrade all of our clients
(Windows/Linux/Oracle/Exchange) will still be able to backup/restore
without having to also upgrade. I didn't see this expressly stated in the
documentation, but wanted to asked to be sure. Is this correct?

2) In reading the documentation, it looks like a pretty simple upgrade -
basically delete the old (setld -d) and install the new (setld -l .)
However, in the install guide for Tru64 (Chapter 4 - Updating from a Highly
Available Networker Server - Task 2 section), it says to
use "networker.cluster -r" command, and then to answer "No" to the "Do you
wish to continue" question. (Page 35 of the 7.2 install guide). I'm not
sure what this is doing and why say "No" when prompted?

3) Basically, I'm assuming that all of my current configuration (Indices,
Clients, Licensing, Scheduling, Groups, etc) will be preserved during the
installation/upgrade. I'm I correct in this assumption?

I've done this installation from scratch (the 7.1.1 install) but not an
upgrade.

Thanks In Advance,
Randy