Networker

[Networker] Two types of backups for clients

2004-12-12 08:44:20
Subject: [Networker] Two types of backups for clients
From: Diane Rolland <drolland AT KDINET DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:43:36 -0500
I have recently implemented Legato 7.1.2 on 5 servers in our environment.
I am using the Default Schedule and Pool.  Everything seems to be working
fine, and I am getting my Full and Incremental backups.

Now, I want to introduce a second backup that will perform a Full backup
on the 1st of the month and write to a separate tape that will then be
removed from the tape Library and retained as a permanent Monthly tape.

What is the best approach to setting up this second backup type?  It is
best to just set up another set of clients assigned to another group with
a different Schedule and Pool?  Or is there some feature (Cloning,
Archiving) that would be better?

I want to keep it simple.

Thanks,
Diane