Networker

Re: [Networker] Two types of backups for clients

2004-12-12 09:59:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] Two types of backups for clients
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 09:59:04 -0500
On Sun, 12 Dec 2004, Diane Rolland wrote:

>If I set up the separate group for monthly full, how do I make it so that it
>doesn't append to the media pool?  I want to force it to go to a new tape so
>that the monthly backup is the only save set on the tape.

You can accomplish this by creating a new tape pool and then assigning the
new group to that pool.

>We do have a second drive in the Library; Would I be able to automate the
>cloning of only the Full Backup's save set? And how do I tell it which full
>save set to use?

You would need to create a second new tape pool that can accept clone
data. You can then either script your cloning by using mminfo to determine
which savesets to clone, or you can go into the new group (with view
details enabled) and just click on the clone button. Most people script
this out because if yields greater flexibility.

See the man pages or printed documentation for the nsrclone and mminfo
commands.