Networker

Re: [Networker] SnapImage for Solaris - any updates in sight?

2004-12-08 11:36:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] SnapImage for Solaris - any updates in sight?
From: "Narkinsky, Brian" <Brian.Narkinsky AT DEP.STATE.FL DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:35:22 -0500
DSA is in the Windows 7.2 as well.

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Legato NetWorker discussion on behalf of Terry Lemons
        Sent: Tue 12/7/2004 2:10 PM
        To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
        Subject: Re: [Networker] SnapImage for Solaris - any updates in
sight?

        Hi Oscar

        Check out the "LEGATO NetWorker, Release 7.2, Release Supplement,
UNIX
        Version" document on http://www.legato.com/resources/manuals.  The
bottom of
        p. 18 talks about a new V7.2 feature called "data server agent"
(DSA).
        Basically, I believe that DSA is SnapImage embedded into the standard
        NetWorker distribution.  I'm not sure if it is supported on every
NetWorker
        platform, but I don't read any restrictions in the UNIX version, so
I'll
        ASSume that all NetWorker UNIX versions have this feature.

        So, I believe this is the SnapImage 'update' that you were asking
about!

        Hope this helps.
        tl

        Terry Lemons
        CLARiiON Applications Integration Engineering
        EMC²
        where information lives

        4400 Computer Drive, MS D239
        Westboro MA 01580