Networker

[Networker] Need to increase streams on a mount point

2004-12-08 11:17:49
Subject: [Networker] Need to increase streams on a mount point
From: "MEYER, MICHAEL W" <michael.w.meyer AT BANKOFAMERICA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:04:40 -0500
I have a mount point that that is 1.5TB.  I have almost that much change
each night on the mount point.  The mount point has only one directory with
many files.   File names are constantly changing.  I am backing up to IBM
LTO-2, but I am not getting the performance, because I need multiple
streams.  Need to increase streams on the mount point.  Does anyone have
suggestions?

Michael W. Meyer
Bank of America
Consultant-SYS ENG-ARCH & ANLY
Card/Consumer Midrange Integration
300 N Wakefield Drive
DE2-501-01-06
Newark, DE 19702
302-266-3863
michael.w.meyer AT bankofamerica DOT com