Networker

Re: [Networker] V440 and jbconfig

2004-10-28 05:25:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] V440 and jbconfig
From: "T. S. Kimball" <tkimball AT BRASS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 05:24:22 -0400
Hi all,

Is this specific to Solaris 9, or is it happening in 8 as well?

I ask since I'm in process of:  1) upgrading storage node (which is
also the AlphaStor server) to V240 under Solaris 8, and 2) would like
to upgrade our master server from E450 to V440 at some point, again
Solaris 8.  We're going to use the Qlogic dual HBA, but also dual
diff-scsi cards for old DLT drives and (later) our L700 library.

Note that I use the Sun EBS version of Networker 7.1.2, and library
control is via AlphaStor.  So in my case it could be mitigated anyway.
Nonetheless I had thought we didn't have to worry about 440's anymore
(after fixing the problems regarding first-run Hitachi disks).

--TSK

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, Robert Maiello wrote:

> I can only reply with a "me too".  Server was a V440 with LVD scsi attached
> Quantum/ATL M2500.  Inquire hung the box.    There was some firmware
> and scsi patches for the sun built raid controller that I installed.  I
> did not test inquire afterwards because I did not want to hang the box.
> jb_config found the library and the system worked so I assumed it was a
> problem with inquire.
>
> Robert Maiello
> Pioneer Data Systems
>
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 15:50:02 +0200, Xavier Joanne <xjoanne AT A2P DOT FR>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have the same problem on 2 V440.
> >Config 1: V440, Solaris 9 with latest OBP and clusterpacth, 2 x Emulex
> >LP9002 (drivers 6.01f), Networker 6.1.4 and 7.1.2 32bits, McData switchs,
> >Overland Neo8000 4x HP LTO-2 with FCO cards.
> >This one hangs during jbconfig and crash few minutes after backup starts
> >without any messages or dump.
> >
> >Config 2: V440, Solaris 9, Sun's HBA (Qlogic OEM), Networker 7.1.2 64bits,
> >switchs McData, Neo8000 6x HP LTO-2 with FCO cards.
> >Applying Sun patches, new drivers, the result is the same but this server do
> >not crash.
> >
> >I have any idea of how to stabilize the situation anr resolve these
> >problems.
>

> >Thanks for your help.
> >

> >Xavier Joanne
> >
> >http://www.a2p.fr

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY

and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify SunGard Trading Systems immediately
at (201) 499-5900 and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.