Networker

Re: [Networker] Default pool?

2004-01-29 20:58:01
Subject: Re: [Networker] Default pool?
From: "Sakowski, Aaron-Cons A [Non-Employee/0927]" <aaron-cons.a.sakowski AT PHARMACIA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:47:45 -0500
We run into this problem occasionally on our HPUX servers.  Usually it
happens when we modify the /etc/resolv.conf to check hosts in files before
DNS.  If, for some reason, the line in /etc/hosts for the backup server
defines the short name before the FQDN, when networker restarts it will
either make a new directory, /nsr/index/<shortname>, or sometimes make a new
subirectory in the /nsr/index/<FQDN>/<shortname>.

I think this can also happen if you tell /etc/resolv.conf to check DNS and
then files for hosts and the DNS server is down during a NetWorker restart
and your /etc/hosts file has the short name before the FQDN.