Networker

Re: [Networker] Default pool?

2004-01-29 15:08:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Default pool?
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:08:08 -0800
> Apparently not. It's the first time I heard the term restriction
> applied to what I call settings. So in light of that, I went back
> and reread the documentation. I still can't see why only the indexes
> want to go into pool Default. I've got only one group, one pool and
> 9 clients is the entire network.
>
> Pool: Calvin
> Enabled: yes
> Pool type: backup
> Label template: default
> Groups: Calvin
> Clients: 9 client names, including the server
> Save set: <blank>
> Devices: /dev/rmt/0ubn

So here, you don't have to list any devices at all, unless you have
several and you want to restrict it to a particular one.

> Levels: full, incr

Here is likely your problem.  Again, why do you put anything here?  If
you just want to back up those 9 clients to this pool, leave this
section blank.

You would set these only if you wanted levels 1-9 to go to another pool.

Note that indexes never do an 'incr' level.  If you do an index backup
and the main data is going 'incr', then the indexes will be promoted to
9 (which is not in the pool).

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company