Networker

Re: [Networker] Two clients sharing an index?

2004-01-28 08:54:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Two clients sharing an index?
From: Sumash Singh <ssingh AT STORTECH.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:54:41 +0200
Just found out some info about load and unload scripts in NetWare cluster.

So now, i think you have the tools to try and get this to work.

SNIP->

Configure Load Scripts
A load script is required for each resource, service, or volume in your
cluster. The load script specifies the commands to start the resource or
service on a server, or to mount the volume on a server.

You can use any commands in the load script that would be used in an .NCF file
run from the server console. If you don't know which commands to add to your
load script, consult the documentation for the application or resource.

Select the Load Script tab on the property page.

Edit or add the necessary commands to the script to load the resource on the
server.

Some commands may require command line input. You can add << to a command to
indicate command-line input. For example, a script command might read:

LOAD SLPDA <<Y

This means that when SLPDA is loaded, it will receive a Y at the command-line,
presumably to a question that needs a yes answer. If there are more inputs
required, they can be continued on subsequent lines, as follows:

LOAD SLPDA <<Y

<<Y

<<N

The string can be up to 32 characters.

Specify a timeout value.

The default is 600 seconds, or 10 minutes. The timeout value determines how
much time the script is given to complete. If the script does not complete
within the specified time, the resource becomes comatose.

Configure Unload Scripts
Depending on your cluster application or resource, you can add an unload script
to specify how the application or resource should terminate. An unload script
is not required by all resources or applications, but it can ensure that during
a failback or manual migration, a resource unloads before it loads on another
node. Consult your application vendor or documentation to determine if you
should add commands to unload the resource.

Select the Unload Script tab on the property page.

Edit or add the necessary commands to the script to unload the intended
resource on the server

You can use any commands used in an .NCF file run from the server console. If
you don't know which commands to add, consult the documentation for the
application or resource you want to unload.

Specify a timeout value.

The default is 600 seconds, or 10 minutes. The timeout value determines how
much time the script is given to complete. If the script does not complete
within the specified time, the resource becomes comatose.

END SNIP->