Networker

Re: [Networker] Two clients sharing an index?

2004-01-28 08:01:04
Subject: Re: [Networker] Two clients sharing an index?
From: Sumash Singh <ssingh AT STORTECH.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 15:01:02 +0200
Since it is a Netware cluster and I am not fully versed in it, I will draw on
my cluster experience from LAAM. HEre goes.

Why not create a violume on each node with the same name, ie CLUST_VOL. If you
have any free space on any of the physical nodes, then a simple 100MB volume
will suffice.

Then, as part of your cluster resource group (at least that is what it's called
in AAM) prior to mounting the CLUST_VOL volume (which in this case is the
actual cluster volume) you unmount any volume with that name. This will ensure
that if the CLUST_VOL mounted on physnode1 is a traditional volume, then it
will umount it, and then mount the shared volume CLUST_VOL which is the actual
clsuter volume.

Do this for each physical node. What you have essentially is this.

EACH node has a traditional volume named CLUST_VOL, which is typically 100MB or
whatever size. So as part of the cluster rsource group startup, the cluster
logic should stop the CLUST_VOL if there is one running, then unmount it, and
then mount CLUST_VOL (effectively on the SAN).

EACH OTHER node will also have a 100MB volume named CLUST_VOL, but siince this
volumes (local to physical nodes ) is so small, you can back it up anyway you
would want, full incr etc etc.

Just my thoughts.