Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with restoring using a storage node

2004-01-21 17:25:50
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with restoring using a storage node
From: Craig Ruefenacht <craig.ruefenacht AT US.USANA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 14:57:24 -0700
Hi,

I was able to get the Exchange recover problem figured out.  The problem
was that I wasn't involved in the restore in the first place (and they
couldn't find the documentation they needed to get it working right).
In the end they were not using the nsrmsexch.exe Networker User recovery
program.

However, I'm still interested in what happens when you initiate a
saveset recover using the nwadmin GUI running on a UNIX Networker server
(the saveset is for a client, not the Networker server itself).  Does
the data in fact traverse the Networker server, even if the data is on a
tape on a storage node, and the client happens to be the same physical
machine as the storage node?