Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.x resource files.

2004-01-16 19:36:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.x resource files.
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:36:02 -0800
> On Jan 16, 2004, at 3:35 PM, Darren Dunham wrote:
> > My question is if I have someone tar up and send me all those files
> > from a running 7.x server, can I see the configuration that I would
> > have been able to see otherwise in the old format?  It's not a
> > binary file or anything like that, right?
>
> I don't believe it is a binary format, but you will want to use
> nsradmin -d to view the files.  Each resource, iirc, is in it's own
> file in the new format (unless they changed it from when I looked some
> time ago).

I don't have a 7.x server near me, I'm just reviewing static files.

I was trying to decide whether I should have the remote person send me a
tarball of the files (easy and pretty quick to do), or the output of
'printf "option hidden:on\nprint\n" | nsradmin -i -' (which I think will
take a few more resources and time to run).

Unix System Administrator                    Taos - The SysAdmin Company