Networker

[Networker] Power Edition vs Network Edition

2003-07-28 17:57:39
Subject: [Networker] Power Edition vs Network Edition
From: Craig Ruefenacht <Craig.Ruefenacht AT US.USANA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 15:55:34 -0600
Hi,

A few months ago I upgraded our Networker v6.1 server to 6.1.3.   The server
OS is HP-UX 11i.

Prior to upgrade, the nwadmin GUI said we had Networker Power Edition.
After the upgrade, it says we have Networker Network Edition (v6.1.3 build
428).  I upgraded using the media that Legato sent us on our software
maintenance.  I haven't noted any big differences in speed as far as
backups/restores using the Network Edition (I've read the little
documentation there is about the difference between Power Edition and
Network Edition as well).

My question is, is Networker Power Edition server on different media than
Networker Network Edition, and, does the license for each cost different?
It would appear that they use the same enabler code, since I went from a
Power Edition (v6.1) to a Network Edition (v6.1.3) without having to obtain
any updated enabler codes.  I've been unable to get a clear answer from our
reseller or Legato on this.  We are trying to reconcile our Legato licences
and I'm trying to figure out if we are using a more expensive license (for
Power Edition) for a cheaper product (Network Edition).

Thanks.

--
Craig Ruefenacht
USANA Health Sciences