Networker

Re: [Networker] Saveset Failure Alert?

2003-07-16 04:33:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Saveset Failure Alert?
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 07:56:32 +0100
Marc Levitan wrote:
Currently I receive Save Group Completion Reports Notifications when the
group completes.
This could be a success or a failure.

I am looking for a way to separate success from failure and send an email
specifically when a savegroup fails.

This will be helpful to alert me at home at night when a backup fails.

Does anyone do this now?
How could I do this?

The pre-configured savegroup completion notification uses an event of
"Savegroup" and a priority of "Notice" and "Alert". Create a new
notification called something like "Savegroup Failure", give it an event
of "Savegroup" and a priority of "Alert", and it will notify only
failures. I believe this is exactly what you want, and yes, it does
work, I have used it many times.