Networker

[Networker] Storage node versus a server

2003-07-15 17:40:01
Subject: [Networker] Storage node versus a server
From: Craig Ruefenacht <Craig.Ruefenacht AT US.USANA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:38:00 -0600
Hi,

In looking into installing a remote storage node, I've come across some
reading about the communications that goes on between the Networker server,
client, and storage node to which the client is writing to.

First, because I've never utilized a storage node, what kind of bandwidth is
used with the communications between the remote storage node (and client)
and the Networker server?

Second, our Networker server does have a licence installed for a storage
node, but in addition to that license on the Networker server, does the
storage node itself need any license to make it a storage node, and what
Networker software will be needed on the storage node?  We'll be using a
single stand-alone tape drive (for now) on the storage node, if we go the
storage node route.  It will running on WindowsNT/2000.

You can either reply to the list or to me personally, and I'll then
summarize to the list.

Thanks.

--
Craig Ruefenacht