Networker

Re: [Networker] Storage Node setup

2003-07-10 10:05:39
Subject: Re: [Networker] Storage Node setup
From: Simon Jorgensen <SIJ AT LUNDBECK DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:05:25 +0200
Your clients need to be in contact with the networker server, even when
backing up using a storage node. Only the actual data stream goes to the
storage node, while all meta data (index updates etc.) goes directly to the
nsrmmdbd and nsrindexd processes on the server.

So storage nodes isn't the solution to your problem...

Regards
Simon