Networker

Re: [Networker] Summary: Netapp NDMP backups with NW7.0

2003-07-03 02:23:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Summary: Netapp NDMP backups with NW7.0
From: Bokkelkamp Ernst <ernst.bokkelkamp AT SIEMENS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 22:00:22 +0200
First thing you should do is to get the NDMP specification and try to
understand it. Even if you do not understand it completely, it will help you
with the next step.

Next activate debug on the filer with something like "ndmpd debug 70" (don't
ask me about the 70, I don't know)

Then INCREASE your load sleep timer to something like 150 second or more.
If you do not do this then you will see some interesting messages on the
filer ;-) because networker might be trying to acces the tape to early. Btw.
Networker gets a completion as soon as the hand has mounted the tape, while
the drive is still busy.

If this does not work, then the most difficult part follows: Analyze your
SCSI configuration, try dump on the filer.
Are you sure that the cabling, HBA, tape drive AND terminator match, is your
cabling within maximum allowed length ?

Bye
Ernie