Networker

[Networker] Recovery Question

2003-07-03 01:44:06
Subject: [Networker] Recovery Question
From: Franklin Sagayno <fsagayno AT PBC.CO DOT JP>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 14:45:20 +0900
Hello All,

I have a simple question regarding recovery. For example I have a total system
crashed, meaning I have to throw away the damaged Hard Disk and buy a new one
and recover all the data from the tape to the new HDD.
But luckily I still have all the bootstrap information, my question is, can I
just simply run the "Recover" command (console recovery command) and input all
the necessary SSID and start the recovery process? This means I will not use
the "scanner" command at all, is this possible?

Thanks for the information.

Frank Sagayno