Networker

Re: [Networker] Empty drive ejecting.

2003-02-10 15:23:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] Empty drive ejecting.
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:23:18 -0500
On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Engle, Vic wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Networker is trying to eject a tape from a tape drive in one of my L1000
> libraries. The drive is empty but the eject doesn't fail, it just never
> finishes.

I have encountered that situation a few times. What I did was to issue an
"nsrjb -C" against the tape library in question. Then let the output
scroll to the end. If the device in question shows a tape in it, place the
same tape it thinks is in that drive back in the drive, then use the
appropriate operating system command to load the tape into the device.
After that, use "nsrjb -u" to unload the tape and convince NetWorker that
the tape is no longer loaded.

Then, just to be safe, issue "nsrjb -HEv" on that tape library.