Networker

Re: [Networker] Empty drive ejecting.

2003-02-19 08:05:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] Empty drive ejecting.
From: Hrvoje Crvelin <hcrvelin AT ORCHESTRA DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:13:09 +0100
Hello,

Interesting enough, I have this opened with Legato support.
Indeed, make a script to capture failure in daemon.log and
trigger the snapshot of resources.  Then, if we are talking
about the same issue here, You will see that loaded slots
(and barcodes) are showing volume while NSR device inside
nsr.res won't show it.

Then You will see unload retries after an operation is
executed for device which will last until timeout and then
NetWorker will correct itself (6.1.3).  This "autocorrection"
was not the case before with 6.1.2.  Nevertheless, it's
a problem and I have escalation LGTpa so far and suggestion
for another LGTpa fix which might be a fix, but I'm awaiting
engineering ack for that (after submitting debug output from
debug nsrjb command).

In my case this happens in ACSLS environment with larger
resources (nsr.res almost 2Mb) and it is not excluded
that size of it and many operations are triggering this
issue (there is no rule to it).

I would advise You to get more info on the issue in Your
environment and then open the case with Your support
company.

Cheers,
Hrvoje Crvelin
Orchestra Service GmbH