Networker

Re: [Networker] Empty drive ejecting.

2003-02-19 07:47:02
Subject: Re: [Networker] Empty drive ejecting.
From: Davina Treiber <treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 07:47:00 -0500
On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:53:25 +0200, Dag Nygren <dag AT NEWTECH DOT FI> wrote:

>> On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Engle, Vic wrote:
>>
>> > Hello list,
>> >
>> > Networker is trying to eject a tape from a tape drive in one of my L1000
>> > libraries. The drive is empty but the eject doesn't fail, it just never
>> > finishes.
>>
>> ..... good advice from Stan ....

Stan has the right idea, but there is more than one way to skin a cat. The
problem is that NetWorker still thinks there is a tape in the drive, even
though there isn't. If you want to fix it without leaving your desk, take
the opposite approach. You can update NetWorker's idea of what is in the
drive by updating the jukebox resource, more specifically the "loaded
slots", "loaded volumes", and "loaded bar codes" fields, and be careful only
to update the part of these fields corresponding to the drive you want to fix.

A good candidate for a script, but mine isn't ready for general release yet.