Networker

Re: [Networker] information store recovery on a restore host

2002-10-11 08:46:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] information store recovery on a restore host
From: Ulf Sjöstrand <ulf.sjostrand AT MARTINSSON DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:30:50 +0200
Hi!

This has worked for me.
Exchange 5.5 on NT4

When you do the restor dont use the option to restart the services
After youre recovery is done start DS and the system attandent then start
exchange admin and chose properties ond the server object
on the advanced tab run DS/IS consistency check.

you may also need to run isinteg  -patch

/Ulf

                    Ingo Roschmann
                    <ingo AT VISIONET DOT DE>          To:     NETWORKER AT
LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
                    Sent by: Legato             cc:
                    NetWorker discussion        Subject:     Re: [Networker]
information store recovery on a restore host
                    <[email protected]
                    EMPLE.EDU>

                    2002-10-10 21:57
                    Please respond to
                    Legato NetWorker
                    discussion; Please
                    respond to Ingo
                    Roschmann

Pamela,

do you mean the paths for databases, logfiles, etc.?
We have the same drives as the original server and at least the paths to
the IS/DS databases and logfiles are the same.
In our case only IS service fails to start, directory service is fine.

Tell me if I got you wrong.

Thanks,
Ingo