Networker

[Networker] AW: [Networker] Tape Looping Scenario

2002-10-11 08:30:50
Subject: [Networker] AW: [Networker] Tape Looping Scenario
From: Kalbus Johanes <Johanes.Kalbus AT ITELLIUM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:30:20 +0200
That sounds quite like the track on the tape and the head in the DLT are not
in sync. Maybe even only the density marker on the tape. We've had similar
problems - some tapes simply did not load properly and caused the dirty lamp
to light up.
Our technical support suggested to replace the tapes which cause this
behaviour. But because this jukebox was to be used for another 3 months we
did not bother copying all the data and simply added cleaning tapes... so I
cannot tell you if it would have succeded

just my 2 cents...