Networker

[Networker] firewall port timeouts causing errors on Remote Storage Node

2002-10-10 15:31:39
Subject: [Networker] firewall port timeouts causing errors on Remote Storage Node
From: John Dempsey <johnd AT QUAKETECH DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:21:38 -0400
Hi All:
I have a Storage node at a remote site, connected via Cisco PIX-PIX VPN to
our main site. The Storage node gives the error: "<volume name> (volume id
xxxx) not found in media index" every time it tries to mount a tape and read
its label to use it.  It happens on multiple tapes, and we have already
checked the media database. Legato is saying its a port timeout issue. I am
talking to Cisco at the moment also, but if any of you have run into this in
the past and have any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated.
JD