Networker

[Networker] Netware - NDS tree corruption when restoring an object

2002-09-26 04:45:37
Subject: [Networker] Netware - NDS tree corruption when restoring an object
From: Allan Nelson <an AT CEH.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:44:14 +0100
Hi:

We've just spent a fun few days getting our NDS tree back in to some sort of
shape (still not quite there), after restoring a couple of User Template files
from backup.  Basically the parent containers became  'unknown objects' after
the restore (or that's what looks to have caused it).

The man from Novell, he say check the version of TSA nlm's being used (I'm
using the ones from TSA5UP8).
There is now a TSA5UP10, but, we're being warned to make sure that these are
compatible with our backup software (Legato Netware client 4.21 on Netware
5.1sp3 /  Legato Server 6.0.2 on Solaris 2.8).

I can't find anything on Legato's site about this.  Is anyone out there using
TSA5UP10 with Legato, and more importantly, has anyone recovered an object
successfully with it!

Thanks... Allan.