Networker

[Networker] clone probs + v6.0.3 - is it free?

2002-09-26 12:27:12
Subject: [Networker] clone probs + v6.0.3 - is it free?
From: Antony Holyer <holyera AT ALGONQUINCOLLEGE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:16:59 -0400
I am using Legato for Windows version 6.0.1 build 174 on Windows 2K SP2, and
can't seem to clone tapes properly. It only works if I let the groups
automatically clone after they are done. Of course, this isn't the best - I
would rather start the cloning process via a cmd script at a certain point
in time. If I do the script thing or manually through the admin GUI, the
cloning process always waits for tapes to be loaded (or inventoried) on the
storage node. Inevitably, then the tape mounts never work properly, and
nsrmm restarts are attempted over and over on the storage node. Killing the
cloning process and the nsrmm and nsrjb processes on the storage node gets
back a working server.

Does anyone know if this might be fixed by upgrading to version 6.0.3 ? If
so, would this be a free upgrade? I already have a rather large quote to
upgrade to version 6.2 if needed, but I would rather not until that version
has been proven.

Help!

Tony