Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula kills tape drive and autoloader

2017-07-21 15:49:06
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula kills tape drive and autoloader
From: "Hicks, Daniel CTR OSD DMEA" <daniel.hicks.ctr AT dmea.osd DOT mil>
To: "Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 19:13:04 +0000

Hello all

I have been working on adding a HP Overland 8 tape drive to my Bacula backup system.

I have the system recognizing the tape and autoloader.

I can run mt and mtx command. I can write to and read from the tapes. I was able to successfully run btape test and autochanger but when I ran the (fill) test the device would be removed from /dev and the test would fail. I then need to power cycle the device.

I have looked at dmesg and there is nothing reported about btape or the devices. I have rebooted the server. I have reset the device to factory default. I have also powered the device off for at least 15 minutes.

Any advice would be great.

Daniel Hicks

Senior Systems Analyst

FutureWorld Technologies Inc.