Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup fails after update to 9.0.0

2017-07-17 08:24:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup fails after update to 9.0.0
From: Uwe Schuerkamp <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 14:23:26 +0200
On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 12:23:34PM +0200, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello Uwe,
>
> My best guess is that for some reason, your Director may not have lz4
> properly built, so it does not support the new Bacula comm line compression,
> and on the client that failed, it is doing comm line compression.  That is
> typically with version 9.0 what leads to the packet size being too big.
> One way to test this is to explicitly set:
>
>   CommCompression = no
>
> In your Client resource.
>
> You can also try setting the same directive in the bacula-dir.conf for the
> Director resource.
>
> If you still have problems, I would like to see exactly what Bacula version,
> hardware (32bit/64bit, CPU architecture, ...), and OS the client is running.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kern

Thanks for your reply, Kern.

It turned out I forgot to update one bacula instance which was still
running 7.4.4, so naturally this director got into trouble trying to
communicate with a 9.0.0 instance on the other end.

All the best, Uwe

--
Uwe Schürkamp | email: <uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net>
Geschäftsführer: Ralf Schürmann | Dr. Manfred Heinen