Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup fails after update to 9.0.0

2017-07-17 06:24:42
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup fails after update to 9.0.0
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 12:23:34 +0200
Hello Uwe,

My best guess is that for some reason, your Director may not have lz4 properly built, so it does not support the new Bacula comm line compression, and on the client that failed, it is doing comm line compression. That is typically with version 9.0 what leads to the packet size being too big. One way to test this is to explicitly set:

  CommCompression = no

In your Client resource.

You can also try setting the same directive in the bacula-dir.conf for the Director resource.

If you still have problems, I would like to see exactly what Bacula version, hardware (32bit/64bit, CPU architecture, ...), and OS the client is running.

Best regards,

Kern