Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to limit uncopiedjobs

2017-06-30 00:04:41
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to limit uncopiedjobs
From: Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>
To: Bacula Users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2017 22:03:28 -0600
On 06/29/2017 05:30 PM, Lee Brown wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:27 AM, Bill Arlofski <waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com
> <mailto:waa-bacula AT revpol DOT com>> wrote:
>
>     On 06/28/2017 08:01 PM, Lee Brown wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > Is there a way to limit what is considered a 'copied' job?  I recently
>     enabled
>     > a copy-job which I had in place for ages and just decided to activate.
>     > Unfortunately it wants to copy a few hundreds of jobs going back months,
>     which
>     > is not very useful.
>     >
>     > How can I mark jobs as already copied?  I found a reference to a similar
>     > question here
>     >

> <http://www.backupcentral.com/forum/19/247405/247683/question_about_pooluncopiedjobs_selection#msg-247683
>
> <http://www.backupcentral.com/forum/19/247405/247683/question_about_pooluncopiedjobs_selection#msg-247683>>
>     > with no resolution.
>     >
>     > Thanks,
>     > lee
>
>     Hi Lee,
>
>     What I always recommend in this case is to temporarily not use the
>     "PoolUncopiedJobs" option, and instead use the SQL option, and set up
>     something like this:
>
>     ----8<----
>     Selection Type = SQLQuery
>     Selection Pattern = "SELECT JobId FROM Job WHERE Type='B' AND
> JobStatus='T'
>     AND JobId BETWEEN 'x' AND 'y' ORDER BY JobId ASC;"
>     ----8<----
>
>     Then you can do the copy jobs in batches.
>
>     Later, once you have copied all the jobs, you can revert to the
>     "PoolUncopiedJobs" method.
>

>     Best regards,
>
>     Bill
>
> Thanks Bill,
>
> This is very useful but unfortunately in my case the uncopied jobs are in the
> region of 100TB which is just going to take forever over a 100mb/s link onto a
> 1TB disk (usually less than 20-30 minutes at night) for a single copy.
>
> I think I'll just create a new pool and copy jobs from that, just let the
> existing one age out.

Hi Lee,

Funny thing is, that is the other thing I recommend when someone has a lot of
jobs in a pools where the PoolUncopiedJobs just won't work due to there being
so many jobs in the pool to copy.

I was in a rush to answer you and neglected to offer that as another option.

I think you're on the right track and have got this under control now. :)

Best regards,

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski