Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Client and director mis-match, acceptable?

2017-04-19 03:47:23
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Client and director mis-match, acceptable?
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Tom Plancon <tplancon AT bkaarchs DOT com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 09:45:41 +0200
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 5:49 PM, Tom Plancon <tplancon AT bkaarchs DOT com> wrote:
I'm setting up bacula on a CentOS 7 machine. Using yum to install I get bacula 7.0.5-7 installed.  A client I want to back up is running CentOS 6.8 and yum wants to install bacula 5.0.0-13 there. I've found rpms for the client, fd, that are version 7.0.5-7 but trying to install them on CentOS 6.8 is a struggle with the dependencies, and I'm concerned using an "rpm --nodeps or --force" will break something.
What is the recommended procedure for matching clients and directors on disparate systems? Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

If you don't want to use the RHEL/CentOS provided packages I also maintain a backport repository. In place upgrade from 5.x is supported, just pay attention to the database upgrade:

Please read the various docs as described.

Regards,
--Simone