Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Sudden Crippling Issues with Bacula.

2017-02-09 08:59:03
Subject: [Bacula-users] Sudden Crippling Issues with Bacula.
From: Alejandro M <acheroncyc AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 09:57:54 -0400
Hello all, for the past few weeks I've had a Bacula deployment running with no issues. But for the past few days there has been a few issues thats has pretty much rendered my Bacula deployment completely useless.

One of the errors I've getting a lot is "waiting for a mount request" for the two largest jobs, even after restarting the SD and the Director and making sure the Storage is mounted, it happens.

Another one is that status director might show these large as running with no error messages whatsoever, but could spend up to 12 hours with nothing changing. As soon as you cancel and you get the stats for the job, the stats show 0 bytes copied.

Also been getting an error where Bacula will try to create a Volumen, notice that it already exists but then go into waiting mode saying it cannot find any appendable volumes

08-feb 09:16 bacula-dir JobId 1398: Error: sql_create.c:424 Volume "DB-20170208" already exists.
08-feb 09:16 bacula-dir JobId 1398: Error: sql_create.c:424 Volume "DB-20170208" already exists.
08-feb 09:17 bacula-mirror-sd JobId 1398: Job BkDB.2017-02-08_07.15.00_17 is waiting. Cannot find any appendable volumes.
Please use the "label" command to create a new Volume for

Related to this, for these large jobs it insist on going for full backups even if the previous volume still has enough space to append to it.

I haven't made any major changes to the configuration files that could have caused it to stop working.