Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restore Job RunAfterJob

2017-01-09 11:38:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restore Job RunAfterJob
From: Lloyd Brown <lloyd_brown AT byu DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 09:37:48 -0700
I hope this isn't something obvious I've missed, but ... well ... I
missed it, at least so far.  I'll keep looking but my google-fu seems to
be missing something.

Is there an easy way to run an external script (eg. a "RunAfterJob" or
similar) associated with a *restore* job?  I'm trying to build an
automated test of restores, and I need a way to trigger an external
script, so it can md5/sha256 checksum the restored files, etc.

So far, I've got the actual restore working pretty well, using syntax
like this:

> echo 'restore client=backup-fd where=/path/to/restore/destination/
> restoreclient=backup-fd file=</path/to/file/list/to/restore select
> current yes' | bconsole

At this point, I can script something that can check the files
checksums, and optionally notify us if a restore fails.  I just need a
way to trigger that script to run after the restore job completes.  I
considered just doing a "echo 'wait' | bconsole" or similar, but there's
a possibility of other jobs still running, so I don't necessarily want
to wait for *those*.

Any thoughts/recommendations? I'm coming up empty at the moment.

Thanks,
Lloyd

--
Lloyd Brown