Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Restore Job RunAfterJob

2017-01-09 11:57:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Restore Job RunAfterJob
From: Lloyd Brown <lloyd_brown AT byu DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 09:56:54 -0700
On 01/09/2017 09:46 AM, Josip Deanovic wrote:
Hi!
Maybe you could make use of Verify jobs in case you are restoring the
most recent backup and you have fairly recent Verification job run.

I considered a Verify job.  I haven't done them much, but the trouble is that my boss wants a full end-to-end restore test, not just verifying what's in the catalog.  So, when the description says "In general, verify jobs permit you to compare the contents of the catalog to the file system, or to what was backed up", I didn't dig much further.

Of course, there could certainly be a less-obvious way to apply verify jobs, that I'm not thinking of now.  I'll dig into it further.

--
Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator