Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] disable schedules during base jobs

2016-12-27 06:36:07
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] disable schedules during base jobs
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: Robert Schulz <robert.schulz AT chello DOT at>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 06:34:53 -0500

On 12/27/2016 5:26 AM, Robert Schulz wrote:
> Hello

> Is there a possibility to disable the schedule of such jobs (or named
> jobs) as long as base jobs are running?
> Maybe is there a possibility to define an exception (NOT RUN action)?
> I want to avoid to define complex schedules where each single week is
> defined and only the week with the base jobs is skipped.

The regular jobs can be disabled while the base jobs are running by
using the 'disable' command in bconsole and then enabled again after the
base jobs by using the 'enable' command in bconsole. It should be
possible to use a RunScript to automatically disable the regular jobs
when the base job starts and another Runscript to enable the regular
jobs when the base job finishes.