Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] disable schedules during base jobs

2016-12-27 05:27:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] disable schedules during base jobs
From: Robert Schulz <robert.schulz AT chello DOT at>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2016 11:26:22 +0100
Hello

My backup location has a limited bandwith. I use dedup to low down the
impact of the limited bandwith.
I plan to run base jobs 2 times a year. Now between 24th and 27th of
December I run about 8 base which backup nearly 1TB of data.
The schdules looks like:

Schedule {
   Name = "Sched_Firma-Base"
   Run = Level=Base      on   24 dec  at 02:00
}

Schedule {
   Name = "Sched_Archiv-Base"
   Run = Level=Base      on   25 dec  at 08:00
}

Schedule {
   Name = "Sched_Photo-Base"
   Run = Level=Base      on   26 dec  at 01:00
}

Schedule {
   Name = "Sched_All-Base"
   Run = Level=Base      on   26 dec  at 10:00
}

I defined Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2 in Jobs resource for base jobs to
get these jobs completed serially.

JobDefs {
   Name = "JobDef_Base"
   Type = Backup
   Level = Base
   Messages = Standard
   Pool = Pool_Base
   Priority = 5
   Spool Data = Yes
   Spool Attributes = yes
   Rerun Failed Levels = no
   Write Bootstrap = "/opt/bacula/bin/working/%c-%n_%i-%t_%l.bsr"
   Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 2
   Max Start Delay = 172800      # 48h
}

In the meantime all other incremential/differential jobs are scheduled
and queued.
These inc and diff jobs are scheduled as period of daily or weekly. Like:

Schedule {
   Name = "Sched_1st-sat-Full_sat-Diff_daily-Incr"
   Run = Level=Full         1st      saturday  at 21:00
   Run = Level=Differential 2nd-5th  saturday  at 21:00
   Run = Level=Incremental  mon-sat            at 21:00
}

Is there a possibility to disable the schedule of such jobs (or named
jobs) as long as base jobs are running?
Maybe is there a possibility to define an exception (NOT RUN action)?
I want to avoid to define complex schedules where each single week is
defined and only the week with the base jobs is skipped.

regards robi