Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Mounts and labels and all that jazz

2016-10-02 16:49:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Mounts and labels and all that jazz
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: ian AT zti.co DOT za, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2016 22:48:15 +0200
On 10/02/2016 08:41 PM, Ian Douglas wrote:
> On Sunday 02 October 2016 18:56:31 Kern Sibbald wrote:
>
>> For simple "manual" things such as what you are doing, it is *far*
>> easier to use bconsole.  Bat is far more useful when you are looking at
>> a number of Volumes or Job reports, ...   Bat is not particularly good
>> at doing console type input.
> Okay got it sorted with bconsole.
>
> Thanks a mill :-)
>
> Just found it odd, I assumed bat was a frontend to bconsole and so didn't
> bother trying bconsole because I figured if bat couldn't make it work, I
> wouldn't be able to either ...

Bat interfaces directly to the Director and is primarily a GUI, so it
uses a slightly different interface (api) to the Director, so it is not
really very good at doing interactive things with the Director where the
director may send it unexpected output.  bconsole is just a pass-through
program from what you type to the Director and visa-versa so it handles
almost anything.