Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole can't talk to bacula-dir

2016-10-01 19:07:22
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole can't talk to bacula-dir
From: Jan Martin <fyzzics AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 16:06:04 -0700
Thanks to Kern, John, and Josh,

It seems I am not crazy after all :).  So the current release version
from Mint 18 seems to be compiled with a link switch
-Bsymbolic_functions, which makes it not work.  The version lines for my
bacula-dir and bconsole:

trinity% sudo /usr/sbin/bacula-dir -?
Copyright (C) 2000-2014 Free Software Foundation Europe e.V.

Version: 7.0.5 (28 July 2014)

trinity% bconsole -?
Copyright (C) 2000-2014 Free Software Foundation Europe e.V.

Version: 7.0.5 (28 July 2014) x86_64-pc-linux-gnu ubuntu 16.04

suggest that they were compiled two years ago, perhaps before Kern
became involved in the process?  It also suggests that bconsole at
least, was from the ubuntu distribution 16.04.

I'm a little unclear about how software updates flow between Debian,
Ubuntu, and Mint - is there a way to get the Mint 18 packager to
recompile the package, or does he/she need to just get a later 16.04
update which is correctly compiled?  Is there something I can do to help?

Overall, thanks very much guys!

-Jan