Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Moving old bacula Volume to Tape (LTO)

2016-09-01 15:17:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Moving old bacula Volume to Tape (LTO)
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Anthony McGovern <anthony.mcgovern AT griffith DOT ie>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 16:16:14 -0300 (BRT)

 I can't run a Migration job now as every time I try it looks to migrate Volume3 (as its 3 months old) If there any way I can force bacula to look at a specific volume and migrate that to tape. the command I'm using is:  '*run client=Server-fd job=Server-Migration-Job Level=Full storage=Server-Storage"

 Hello, Anthony: I'm pretty sure you can use SelectionType=Volume & SeletionPattern=regex directives in a specific pre-configured Migrate Type Job Resource (bacula-dir.conf), where the regex should match the volume name you want to migrate.
Bacula Manual Copy & Migrate section is very well detailed, assuming you still have the volume information you want to migrate from in your Catalog.

Regards,

Does anyone know if there is a way to get bacula to migrate the missing Volume4 to LTO tape

Kind Regards
Anthony McGovern
IT Systems Administrator

Griffith College