Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Moving old bacula Volume to Tape (LTO)

2016-09-01 14:05:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Moving old bacula Volume to Tape (LTO)
From: Anthony McGovern <anthony.mcgovern AT griffith DOT ie>
To: "Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 16:31:12 +0000

Hi Wanderlei

                        Thank you very much for getting back to me. I should have said that we currently cant bscan any tapes into our catalogue. I’m the new sys admin in our company I’ve inherited this and bacula is in a pretty bad state at the moment. I can only blist and bextract individual files from tapes at the moment. When I try to bscan I get a segmentation fault error. I’ve had a look online and the way to fix that is to migrate the database from MySQL to postgres and a fresh install of a newer version of bacula. We’re currently running on Ubuntu 10 and Bacula 5.0.1 it badly needs some TLC. I’m planning to switch over to postgres and a newer version of bacula in a month or two but for now if there was any other method other than bscan to force bacula to look at an old tape I’d love to know.

Kind Regards

Anthony McGovern

IT Systems Administrator

Griffith College

South Circular Road, Dublin 8, Ireland

Website: http://www.griffith.ie

Disclaimer:

This E-mail is from Griffith College Dublin.

The E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.

If you are not the addressee you are prohibited from disclosing its content, copying it or distributing it otherwise than to the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error,

please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the e-mail from your computer. Griffith College is a trading name of Bellerophon Ltd,

(registered in Ireland No. 60469) with its registered address as Griffith College Campus,South Circular Road, Dublin 8, Ireland.