Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Retention Period

2016-08-30 03:20:14
Subject: [Bacula-users] Retention Period
From: "Holikar, Sachin (ext)" <sachin.holikar.ext AT siemens DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 07:19:13 +0000

Hello Community,

I have a question regarding Bacula retention period.

We have bacula Server 7.4.0 installed on SLES 12.

We wish to take weekly incremental backup of a client (ClientA) and then Full Backup over the weekend.

Weekly incremental backup , we would like to keep for 1 month.

Weekend Full backup , we wish to keep for 3 months.

One more system level (System partition only /root /usr etc) full backup of the same client we wish to take every 6 months. and retain obviously 6 months.

In this scenarios , I am not sure how should I go about different backup retention requirement for a same client. As the 2 retention parameters job records and file records and to be

mentioned in the Client Section. How can we specify 2 different job/file rentention periods for a single client. Is it possible?

Thanx for any help.

Regards,

Admin