Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] manual autochanger...

2016-08-07 11:53:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] manual autochanger...
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 12:52:33 -0300 (BRT)
> Hello again,
>
> Well, I know (or knew) nothing about bacula-changer, so given
> what you write now, my advice may have been more a hindrance
> than a help. mtx-changer cannot deal with humans.
>
> Best regards,
> Kern
>
> On 08/07/2016 01:10 PM, Work TDNL Support wrote:
>>> Unless the bacula-changer script has some particular
>>> feature that you want,
>> Ah, i did not know that MTX would deal with controlling a human autochanger,
>> i’ll have a look at how it works again. The bacula-changer script just seems
>> change how bacula handles a single tape device with no autochanger - making
>> the
>> process flow easier for a non tech human - ie, unmounts and ejects the tape -
>> requesting the new one by name and then automounting and running the job when
>> the correct tape is inserted.

Hello, Kern, TDNL Support: I already read about people that use mtx-changer
script with manual tape drives, in order to achieve more "umount-eject-mount"
automation (sorry: I don't remember the authorship / source). E.g.:

Device {
Name=DDS3
Archive Device = /dev/nst0
Changer Device = /dev/null
Changer Command = "/etc/bacula/scripts/mtx-changer %o %a %S"
Maximum Changer Wait = 3d
AutomaticMount = yes; # monte automaticamente a fita
AlwaysOpen = yes;
Media Type = DDS3
RemovableMedia = yes;
Offline On Unmount = Yes;
Label media = Yes;

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F | Bacula Systems Certified
Administrator II
Do you need Bacula training? http://bacula.us/video-classes/
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: http://bacula.us FB: heitor.faria