Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Upgrading Debian Jessie 5.2.6 to 7.4.x?

2016-08-02 11:37:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Upgrading Debian Jessie 5.2.6 to 7.4.x?
From: "John Stoffel" <john AT stoffel DOT org>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 11:23:31 -0400
Guys,

Debian is a great release, but boy are they stuck in the past for some
projects.  It's time to upgrade my bacula on mysql to the latest
release.  Any suggestions on the easiest way to do this?

Ideally, I'd prefer to just install packages from a repository and
have it do all the upgrade work for me.  I've got a very simple setup
where it's just two clients, one Linux, one Windows 10, and a set of
disks volumes I write my bacula volumes to.

I see that Debian Testing is starting to have the latest packages, but
unfortunately the jessie-backports isn't supporting anything newer.
Bummers.

I guess I could just install sid/testing packages.

Any thoughts?
John